Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Solar water heater


I just finished building mi 1tonne solar heated water reservoir project. I used an old USSR era radiator that I had laying around at home. From a local hardware store i acquired some fittings and voila a days work was guaranteed.
The work was quite straightforward cut 3 holes, 1 for hot water from the radiator in 1 for cold out and one tap for getting the water out. The first time i filled it with tap water i had some issues with the radiator because the spirals needed to be level, but once i figured that out all went well. In just 15 seconds the power of sun became obvious the cold in was 8'C and hot out was 47'C that's a 39'C increase in water temperature with no carbon spilled to the atmosphere.
Now that I have proved to myself that this concept works I think its time to start planning for the sun water heater to be used to heat mi tap water in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment